Nowadays, most people are shifting from smoking to e-cigarettes, also called vaping. When you visit any online or physical vape store, the first thing you notice is the e-juice and its variety of flavors, nicotine strengths, and bases.
However, if you have knowledge about vape juices/e-liquids, it might be easier for you to get the right vape juice according to your vaping needs.
And, if you’ve no command over e-juices, worry not… this small write-up is the right piece you’re reading right now!
Everything About E-Liquids?
Generally speaking, vape juice is the liquid that burns inside the e-cigarettes and turns into vapors. There are various names used for this term, like;
- VAPE JUICE.
- VAPING LIQUID.
- E-CIG JUICE.
E-Liquid is a nicotine solution, as this liquid is used in electronic cigarettes and burns inside – to produce flavorful vapors. And, technically speaking, when e-liquid passes from the coil of a vaping device, the current from the battery passes and eventually triggers the e-liquid to heat up and produce vapors.
We’ve heard it… you must be wondering about what vape juice contains.
What Vape Juice Contains?
An e-juice is actually made by using different ingredients. When we talk about the base of e-liquids then it is formulated with vegetable glycol (VG) and propylene glycol (PG).
Apart from these two ingredients there is nicotine and it is responsible for making vaping more effective, along with this water is also added as a main ingredient in vape juices.
Lastly, flavorings are added to provide the flavors you desire and these flavors are food-grade and safe to consume.
Propylene Glycol (PG)
Propylene glycol is a transparent/colorless liquid, almost odorless, and it possesses a bitter flavor. This dissolvent contains moisture, making it great for blending with additives. There are different strengths of PG used in different e-liquids (read below); however, there are some e-liquids that are created with 100 percent vegetable glycerin.
Vegetable Glycol (VG)
Vegetable Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin is the next base ingredient after Propylene Glycol. VG can also be called the carrier of vape flavors. On the other hand, its main purpose is to create vapors. VG contains glycerin taken from plants and that’s why it is termed vegetable fat.
Different VG/PG Ratio for Different Vaping Experiences
Are you new to VG/PG ratios and are confused about which ratio to go with?
Do not worry, here are some basics about VG/PG ratios.
- If you want to quit smoking, then initially you need to begin with the ratio of 10VG/90PG for vaping as in this you will get strong flavors and throat hits.
- If you need powerful flavors, then go with a ratio of 20VG/80PG.
- If you need good vape clouds and phenomenal flavors, then you should go with 30VG/70PG.
- The best ratio of MTL and DTL devices is 40VG/60PG.
- The normal ratio for moderate vapor production is 50VG/50PG.
- The best mixing ratio for strong cloud formation is 60VG/40PG.
- If you desire to have dense clouds along with some amazing flavors, then the ratio should be 70VG/30PG.
- With MTL devices and a subtle throat hit, go for 80VG/20PG.
- For Vapers who are not concerned about flavors and solely pursue vape clouds, then a ratio of 90VG/10PG or 100% VG is fine.
- If you are in search of a good balance flavor and a good cloud production, then you need to try 50% PG and 50% VG.
- Moreover, if you are a cloud-chasing vaper then you need a ratio of 70% VG and 30% PG. In this ratio, you will get the perfect nicotine rush.
Nicotine in The E-Liquids:
Do you actually know some facts about nicotine in your e-liquids?
As there are two different kinds of nicotine bases found in e-liquids;
If you like a strong throat-hit feel, then freebase nicotine is good for you. It contains high nicotine strength and feels harsher on your throat. This is suitable for people who like to puff less and vape throughout the day.
Are you in search of a smooth nicotine base that feels gentle on the throat? So you need a nicotine base containing nicotine salts. This is normal nicotine having balanced pH levels. They are best for people who want to consume less and even get the hit.
The Dangers Of E-Liquids:
E-liquids can be harmful when not used correctly or if you do not know how much vape juice you should inhale in a day. Some of the dangers related to e-liquids are;
- If you mistakenly swallow E-liquid, it can even lead to death and poisoning in a person.
- If left unattended, it can be swallowed by children.
- Some of the E-liquids are labeled as nicotine free, but they still contain nicotine in them, which can be dangerous for your health.
E-Liquids And The Flavorings:
Now, after knowing everything about e-liquids you might be wondering about different flavorings of vape juices that are easily available.
So read below and learn about them;
Tobacco Flavors: If you are a chain smoker and you are searching for a flavor that is similar to tobacco then try virginia tobacco by UNO Mas flavor – to settle your cravings for tobacco.
Menthol Flavors: The most famous flavoring in vaping is Menthol, which comes with a sprinkling of menthol; for the better mentholic hit, try UNO Eclipse cool mint flavor.
Fruity Flavors: If you are a fruit lover then fruity-flavored disposable vapes are perfect for you. Some of the demanding fruity flavors are:
- Watermelon and much more.
Some of the vaping flavors are based on tropical fruit flavors and they possess sweet flavors like mango, Kiwi (currently, I am having Kiwi Dragon Berry by UNO NOX) guava, and passion fruit.
You will be happy to know that you will also find your favorite drink-flavored in e-juices. It includes Lemonade, Coca-Cola, Soda, Coffee, and whatnot. All of these flavors are just amazing!
Thus, if you are a chain smoker and want to quit smoking, vaping is an excellent option; the best bet in vaping is the e-juice, which comes in a variety of crazy flavors.
Enjoy them at your disposal and keep vaping.